We are looking for a Lead Image Analytics Software Engineer to join our growing team. As a person who has the passion for tackling hard problems and lead them all the way to successful you will develop computer vision and image understanding algorithms that enable automated interpretation and information extraction from medical skin images. You will conduct applied research on real-world commercial applications and translate innovative ideas and algorithms from a prototype to final solution.
Your new role – challenging and highly future-oriented
- Develop and implement methods from 2D/3D image analysis into prototypes and solutions and demonstrate applications to real world problems by quick prototyping, validation and integration into existing software solutions.
- Leverage your computer vision expertise to invent and implement state of the art algorithms for detection and characterization, recognition, structural and semantic understanding, and inference from images and image ensembles.
- Employ software libraries, tools, practices to implement efficient, scalable, and reusable solutions.
- Direct communication and reporting to the C-Level to set priorities, understand development as well as dermatologic market needs.
- Independently work with scientific literature
- Document and present results
- MSc or PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, or related fields with a focus on Computer Vision/Medical Image Analysis with a minimum of 5 years of industrial experience
- Solid experience in Python, C++ code, OpenCV and php for quick demonstration of ideas as well as robust, efficient, scaled-up software systems.
- Basis knowledge in creating Deep Neural Network models on machine learning platforms such as Tensor Flow/Keras
- Deep hands-on experience building computer vision systems involving algorithm development in fields such as image segmentation, registration, tracking, feature extraction, detection, and classification in the CIELAB color space.
- Industrial experience developing computer vision and medical image analysis algorithm.
- Legal authorization to work in the EU is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Must be willing to work out of an office located in Vienna, Austria.
- Solid English and existent German language skills
It’s an advantage if you have the following skills:
- Experience in working agile in accordance to Medical Device Software Life Cycle Process
- Experience designing and implementing computer vision algorithms over real-time video stream
- Experience and knowledge within the scope of advanced AI/AR methodologies for mobile devices
- Existent publication record in peer-reviewed journals underlining the Know-how
The gross annual payment for this job vacancy is minimum EUR 40.600, — on a fulltime basis. An overpayment is possible depending on education and working experience. SCARLETRED as a multi award winning international scale up company offers also additional social benefits.
SCARLETRED is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, military status, status as a veteran or disabled veteran, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or family status, genetic information, medical condition, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local law, ordinance, or regulation.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com